- IDW Publishing
– Publishers of fine comics, including the Rogue Trooper series I wrote and Alberto Ponticelli drew.
- Me on Facebook
- If you want to be friends, I make no promises but there’s a pretty good chance I’ll say yes, because I’m nice like that.
- Me on Twitter
- I wouldn’t claim to have completely mastered Twitter yet, but I am there, I tweet and you should follow me. That’s what matters.
- Orbit Books
– The Orbit Books website, complete with blog.
- The Godless World on Facebook
- If you’re a Facebook user, pay a visit to Winterbirth’s page there and hit the Like button to stay in touch with developments, get sneak previews and maybe snag a prize in a giveaway.
- Transreal Fiction
– Edinburgh’s leading specialist sf/f bookshop. They’re the people to contact if you want to buy a signed copy of any of my books.
- Words & Pictures
– The column I wrote for SF Signal a while back talking about comics and graphic novels of a more or less speculative fiction sort.
- Astronomy Cast
- Discussions about astronomical stuff that are interesting, entertaining and occasionally mind-bending
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies
- Fantasy fiction: online and in podcast form
- Escape Pod
- The premier sf short fiction podcast
- Monster Talk
- Entertaining and interesting skeptical discussions of cryptozoology, monsters and things that go bump in the night.
- Short stories of the fantastical sort, podcasted to your ear
– a great history podcast that’s gradually working its way through many of the world’s political/military revolutions. Shortish episodes and sardonic humour make it accessible, fun and informative all at the same time.
- The Coode Street Podcast
- Serious (mostly) discussions of the spec fic field, covering sf and fantasy; interesting stuff for those who take their fanhood seriously
- Wait, What?
- Probably my fave comics-related podcast: two guys talking at length and often in excruciating detail about almost anything comics-related. I enjoy it enormously, though precisely why is kind of hard to pin down.
Random stuff of possible interest
- Lady Sabre & The Pirates of the Ineffable Aether
- A webcomic by Greg Rucka and Rick Burchett, which looks to be a fun sf steampunk romp
- SF Signal
- Pretty much the most comprehensive and consistent (and Hugo Award-winning) general speculative fiction blog out there, I think; and with a podcast, too, for added fun. (Full disclosure: I’ve been known to write a comics column for them – see above)
- Strange Maps
– Cartographic oddities of every kind.
- The Abominable Charles Christopher
– A very fine webcomic by Karl Kerschl.
- The Beat
- Calls itself ‘The News Blog of Comics Culture’, which is as good as any description I could come up with
- The Forbidden Planet International Blog
– Stuff about genre-related books, comics, merchandise, film and TV etc. Especially comics. More than just a retailer’s blog…
- TTA Press
– Home of the UK’s leading speculative fiction magazines: Black Static and Interzone.